There are two methods to get more leads. You can buy them or you can generate your own organically. Buying leads is definitely a faster process… Think of it like a sprint. But the high initial cost and short lasting return isn’t going to be the best strategy in the long run.
On the other hand, organic lead generation is going to be more like a marathon. While it may take more effort and time, the results are going to be so much more rewarding for your agency.
With that in mind, here are the top 4 most effective strategies to generating organic insurance leads. Read on to find out if your agency is implementing these important tactics.
1. Get Referrals
Ask any seasoned insurance agent about the best way to get new leads. Chances are, they’ll tell you to ask for referrals. And, they are right, to an extent. Time and time again, asking for referrals has been proven to be an efficient way of growing your portfolio. Few things matter more than a referral from a happy customer.
But getting them, especially when you are just starting out and your client list is small, is not always easy. Here are some strategies that could help you generate leads through referrals:
- Partner up with Other Businesses: Start a partnership with other businesses where you ask them to recommend your services to their clients and you will do the same for them.
- Build Your Network: If you’ve been around long enough in this industry, then you know that networking is an essential part of growing your business. Get into a circle of professionals that are likely to recommend you to their clients.
2. Focus on Online Marketing
The internet has changed the way consumers look for and interact with businesses. One study found that 97% of online users search for local businesses online. But, perhaps most important is the fact that 88% of the consumers who do a local search visit or call the store within 1 day.
Ignoring the digital world can be damaging to the success of your business. So let’s take a look at a few strategies that can help you feel more confident with organic lead generation for insurance agents.
- Perform Keywords Research: Generating organic leads online relies on your ability to understand what your audience is searching for on Google. Use tools like Google’s Keyword Planning Tool or Google Search Console to understand where your website is currently standing. Learn what you need to do to improve. Then, discover and analyze the search volume of your target keywords.
- Understand Your Audience: Before you start creating content or email marketing campaigns, it’s important to understand who your ideal customer is. Once you know who you are trying to reach, you can create content that resonates with their needs. Create a persona of your customer by writing down information about their demographics (age, education, behavior, etc.,) what their biggest worries are, what they like to do for fun, and so on.
3. People Love Quality Content
Fire up those creative juices and crank out some quality content.
- Create Quality Content Constantly: Now that you have a good understanding of who your audience is and what they are searching for, you can start creating content. Make sure that the articles you publish are qualitative, educational, and help your prospects find an answer to the problems they are facing. It’s also vital to publish this content regularly if you want the search engines to list your website at the top of the search engine results page.
- Optimize Your Website for Your Audience: The best way to generate organic leads is by giving your audience what they want. In other words, if a prospect has landed on your page wanting to learn more about your life insurance plan, don’t make them look around to find the information they need. Make sure your website is easy to navigate. Loads quickly. And always highlights your contact info. Give your visitor multiple opportunities to get in touch with you through forms, buttons and contact information.
4. Get Personal
Online consumers are bombarded by millions of messages every day. So they’ve become quite good at filtering all this noise and ignoring it. While digital marketing can be a fruitful organic lead generation resource, you shouldn’t ignore the personal touch that must come with successful marketing.
Try directing people to your site through custom emails, engaging social media posts, giveaways, incentives. The better your online presence is, the more leads you’ll be able to generate. Consider trying a direct mail campaign that encourages people to visit your website to get a free quote. Invite people to attend a webinar or go live on Facebook to answer questions and build brand awareness. Always try to make sure all the content you release is professional and engaging!
Start Generating Organic Leads
The internet has completely changed how people shop for insurance. In today’s competitive market, it’s critical that you leverage the power of organic lead generation for insurance agents to grow your clientele and increase your agency’s profits. At Lift Local, we love helping insurance agents rise above their local competition. In fact, we can even run the entire lead generation process for you. Contact us today to request a demo from Lift Local. Or find out how you’re ranking through our online visibility report.